Ads Top

Der Vampir - Heinrich August Ossenfelder

hello ....................... :p
how are you??
i am ok after Christmas and New years celebrations with much fun ,and much food!!!!!!!!hahaha !!
and i was going to read a book about night creatures but i couldn't i was to busy do do something like that ,to be more specific i was studying... and i found a vampire poem Der Vampir by Heinrich August Ossenfelder.... Read it !!


"Der Vampir"[The Vampire] (1748) by: Heinrich August Ossenfelder


My dear young maiden clingeth
Unbending, fast and firm
To all the long-held teaching
Of a mother ever true;
As in vampires unmortal
Folk on the Theyse's portal *
Heyduck-like do believe. **
But my Christine thou dost dally,
And wilt my loving parry
Till I myself avenging
To a vampire's health a-drinking
Him toast in pale tockay. ***

And as softly thou art sleeping
To thee shall I come creeping
And thy life's blood drain away.
And so shalt thou be trembling
For thus shall I be kissing
And death's threshold thou' it be crossing
With fear, in my cold arms.
And last shall I thee question
Compared to such instruction
What are a mother's charms?

* Theyse (Tisza): it is the second biggest river in Hangary -- the biggest is the Danube.

** Heyduck: a semimilitary official of seventeenth and eighteenth century Hungary.

*** Tokay: a well known type of Hungarian wine.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.